The national committee’s latest meeting took place last week with our fabulous team of volunteers heading to Sheffield to make progress on our action plan and plan for Student Volunteer Week 2018. Here are some of the things that came out of our meeting…
1. We have sent out our annual membership survey, which we use to gain insight but also to clear our database. Please surer you fill it in so you still remain a member!
2. Our Impact and resource team are working on a research piece that looks at the impact our network and student volunteering national. Look out for their email with more information!
3. The Student Volunteer Week resources are now live on the website and you can register your events. Get on there and let us shout about all the amazing things you are doing!
5. We discussed Volunteer Awards and if this is something the Network should look to develop. We discussed what this might look like, if it is needed and what might be available locally. Look out for an opportunity to feedback on this through your regional networks!
6. We are looking for people to help us with blog content! Do you think you could write a blog or piece for our newsletter? Please get in touch with our Comms team leader Mariana Rocha Mariana.Rocha@uwl.ac.uk
7. As well as blog posts we are also in need of case studies to help us share the fantastic work of students around the country. If you have something we can use please get in touch with the Comms team.
8. Our Engagement team have been looking at regional meetings and if we can offer different engagement options for these such as skype or Facebook groups. We really want to hear your views so make sure to fill in our membership survey and make your voice known!
9. We have been improving our website and adding to our content. Make sure you take a look and let us know what you think! https://www.studentvolunteeringnetwork.com/
10. We formally approved our Action Plan for the year and you can have a look at our plans on the SVN website!